Advanced Tai Chi Workshop, Sunday, June 23rd, 2013, 1-5pm

I'm offering a workshop for tai chi practitioners who have completed the 108-form tai chi set (Taoist style) on Sunday, June 23rd, 2013 from 1-5pm.

The focus of the workshop will be technique, with an emphasis on individual corrections to help take your practice to your next level. We will be working on improving the push from the foot and correct spinal alignment, in addition to any questions participants may wish to address.

I also plan to show participants how to work with a transformative self-healing visualization - a form of guided meditation - to release stale energies that may prevent you from moving forward in your practice. The workshop will include qigong meditation also.

I'm posting this information here on the blog in case you're reading this but you're not familiar with my regular classes.

Let's say you're part of a certain popular tai chi organization, maybe calling itself a society or academy, that is Taoist in its focus. It may be that you are finding that you would like to take your practice to the next level, or you're looking for an alternative to the tai chi instruction offered at a certain popular society or academy. It may be that you're looking for an instructor who has been trained in a more in-depth fashion than what is offered at those fine institutions. I in no way intend to oppose myself to the good people who teach there, since I think they do have a place, but I at the same time I want to let those who wish to go further know that there is more to learn. From my experience, I have more to offer and would love to share it with anyone who is interested.

If you want to check out my regular classes, please see the "Class Schedule and Fees" tab at the top of the page.

The workshop fee is $75. Contact me at smithmk2@gmail.com or (905) 521-0043 for more information, to sign up, or for details on the workshop's location.

No comments: