Our new season begins in October 2023! Join us for Tai Chi and Qigong at the Regent Centre on Locke Street South.

Class Schedule for July, August, and Class Break, September 2020

Hello everyone,

As many of you know, I take an annual break from teaching in order to rest, reflect on any changes that need to take place with classes, and focus on my own training. This break usually occurs in September, and has sometimes extended into the first part of October.

Due to (positive) changes in my personal life, this break is going to start a little earlier than normal, and I'll be sneaking away for a couple of days in July.

So:

All classes will run as usual in July, except for Monday, July 27th and Wednesday, July 29th. There will be no classes on those two days.

All classes will run as usual in August, but the last day of class will be Saturday, August 22nd. For the last week and a bit of August, there won't be any classes. There will be no classes in September 2020.

The monthly fee for August will be $30 instead of $40. 

Classes will resume on October 3rd, 2020. (This is the first Saturday in October. The monthly fee of $40 will resume at that point.)

There will be a lot to look forward to in October, including a new Tai Chi Beginner's cycle and the continuation of Lok Hup Ba Fa training, as well as new depths to our study of Qigong. 

Things might change between now and October, but my current plan is that all classes will continue to be offered online until it's reasonably safe for us to gather and practice indoors. This includes reasonable safety for all our members. Depending on how things develop, I may be offering some in-person teaching at the Regent Centre in the fall or winter on the same limited basis I've been offering training this summer, but I don't currently have concrete plans to do this.

I very much appreciate hearing any opinions from you on how you would like things to proceed, given our limitations and what's comfortable for you. Many of you have offered me feedback already, and it's been very helpful. My primary aim in all of this is to continue to offer lessons in the safest way possible.

I hope to see you at a class sometime soon! And I'm looking forward to a time when we can train together in person again.  

No comments: