Our new season begins in October 2023! Join us for Tai Chi and Qigong at the Regent Centre on Locke Street South.

Classes at the Regent Health Centre, New Start Date: May 13, 2022

Dear All,

I hope the impending arrival of spring is giving you all something to look forward to and enjoy. Like many of you, I've been spending more time than I would have thought possible working in the garden and enjoying the little signs that the season is progressing nicely.

I've been keeping an eye on the Covid situation throughout April. I had hoped to see more improvement by now in the wastewater signal, which I'm currently using as the key indicator of where things are at. I'm sure you're aware that hospitalizations are also up this week. Although wastewater indicators suggest that the current wave has finally started to come down in Ontario as a whole, our local signal is still on the rise. (If you scroll down a bit at the link above, our graph is Central West, excluding the GTA.) At this point I think most of us know someone who has picked up a Covid infection despite taking reasonable precautions.

So, I'm pushing back the start date at the Regent Centre to mid-May, with the hope that we'll see the substantial improvement we need to see by early May. I'll be in touch by May 5th to confirm the new start date.

If all goes well:

CLASSES WILL RESUME ON FRIDAY, MAY 13, 2022
(maybe this will be our lucky day!)

CLASS SIGNUPS WILL OPEN TEN DAYS AHEAD OF TIME, AFTER THE ANNOUNCEMENT CONFIRMING CLASSES ARE GOING AHEAD

I didn't get into this in my previous message, but we will still be using the online class signup system, since this is how the Centre determines billing. As before, you'll pay the Regent Centre directly for all your classes. You can pay one class at a time ($15 + HST) or the monthly fee ($60 + HST). I am expanding the class capacities so there should be room for everyone. I'll send complete instructions when it's time to sign up, but essentially, it works just like making an appointment. Please don't worry about signing up until May 5th.

SCHEDULE FOR CLASSES AT THE REGENT CENTRE
When we resume, the schedule will be as follows. I'll be teaching all classes personally at first. My plan is to add more beginner's classes and Qigong into the schedule in the fall.

MONDAY
Qigong 1-2 pm
Advanced Tai Chi 2:15-3:15 pm

FRIDAY
Advanced Tai Chi 1-2 pm
Lok Hup Ba Fa 2:15-3:15 pm

SATURDAY
Beginners Tai Chi 1-2 pm
Advanced Review 2:15-3:45 pm

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns, or if you'd like more information about classes. Contact me at (905) 521-0043 or smithmk2@gmail.com.

Cheers,
Melissa Smith
Lead Tai Chi Instructor @ Regent Health Centre

No comments: